If you’ve been looking for an ultraportable to complement your computing gear, I’m sure the task of picking one is getting very hard these days. Just a few months ago, there was only one — the Asus Eee PC 701. That, and its siblings. Now, you have the Asus Eee PC 900, the Asus Eee PC 901, the HP Mini–Note 2133, and now the MSI Wind U100.
Here are some articles that you will find useful in choosing your ultraportable:
- ZDNet UK: MSI Wind: a first look
- Laptopmag: ASUS Eee PC 901 12G XP
- Laptopmag: ASUS Eee PC 901 Mini-Review
- Laptopmag: HP 2133 Mini-Note
- HardwareZone: Shootout: ASUS Eee PC 901 vs. MSI Wind NB U100
- Laptopmag: ASUS Eee PC 1000H vs. MSI Wind: 10-inch Mini-Notebook Face Off
- OCW: Review of MSI Wind 1.6GHz ATOM 10″ notebook
- OCW: Review of ASUS Eee PC 901 1.6GHz ATOM 8.9″ notebook
- NotebookReview: Asus Eee PC 901 12GB First Look
In a nutshell, if I were to get one now, I’m looking at the MSI Wind with a six–cell battery. According to the reviews, it can get up to five hours of battery life. One caveat though: they’re only selling it with the three–cell battery for now. If you can wait a bit more, once these models are widely available in the market, prices should drop and you’d get a better deal. At least until they come up with the next generation models again.